Improve your English, Maths and IT skills

You need basic reading, writing and maths skills to apply for most jobs or to study further, for example for National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs).

If you’re over 16 and you’ve left school, you normally don’t have to pay to do:

If there’s a fee, you may be able to get Discretionary Learner Support

Find a course

Search for a course on the National Careers Service Course Finder or call the helpline.

National Careers Service helpline

You can also ask for an adviser to call you - this won’t cost you anything.

Where you can learn

You can do courses at:

  • further education colleges
  • adult education centres
  • some libraries
  • other training providers

The information on this page was supplied by the website.

Partnership Working

We're proud to be working in partnership with Leeds City Council and grateful for their ongoing support.

Leeds City Council

Get In Touch

We're here if you need to ask a question, get help or get in touch:

Student Feedback

We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…